• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PFC Seth Stanton Memorial Run

Frank Z

NAXJA Forum User
Folks I got an email last night from Anna Stanton and she asked that I post the following information. Here's what she sent to me.....

Dear Family & Friends...

The following email(below mine) is an invitation to come celebrate and honor Seth, with a Memorial Rock that has been placed on the Patriot Trail.

As you may know, Seth loved his Jeep(and rock-crawling) probably more than any material thing he owned on earth and would be amazed and proud of what we are about to be a part of and will be a permanent marker and reminder to those who cross it's path in the future. Keeping his memory alive is so important...even to those who've never met him.

Our family hopes you can make it, and if you know anyone who would enjoy and be touched by this experience, please invite them.

For those of us in/near Colorado Springs...here's the info:
What: Viewing Seth's Memorial Rock on the Patriot Trail
Meeting place: Cheyenne Rd/S Nevada(Hwy115) - Safeway parking lot
When: Sunday, May 23, 2010 @ 9:45...(leaving at 10am)

Honoring our Seth,
Anna Stanton - on behalf of the Stanton Family
Detailed email follows:

Ps...for those of you wondering or have asked: Seth's headstone for the cemetery will be ready for viewing by July 4th...it is in it's "creation stage" right now.

So I'd like to invite all of you attend and show or support for the Stanton Family. Anna is looking forward to see us again.

I'd like to ask that we put any other issues behind us and remeber why we are going and that this isn't about us, it's about Anna, her children, the entire Stanton Family, and most of all, Seth.
I'm not surethat my rig will be road worthy but we'll have Daniels rig at the very least.

You do not have to drive the trail since the Memorial Stone is supposed to be a short distance from the parking area. Those that want to can certainly do so. Armor, 33's, and least 1 locker are strongly suggested. Lesser built rigs might want to stay parked.

I realize that many of you will be in Moab, but I'd love to see as many of the rest of you there as possible.

So please mark your calenders and join in.

Crap.

Had to be the Moab weekend didn't it......... I SO wanna be there.

Dammit.

Crap.

Had to be the Moab weekend didn't it......... I SO wanna be there.

Dammit.

That. Anna, if you're reading, understand that most of us will be a bit soul sick for missing this trip, and we'll be thinking of Seth on the 23rd, from Moab or thereabouts, or no matter where we are.:cheers:

I am all for a second trip, with a special invite for Anna and the family from NAXJA, once we are all back in CO...

FWIW....

ill take as many pics as i can for ya guys...

also if anyone wants to join but doesnt want to make the drive or wheel those trails ill have two seats open...lemme know if your interested

Unfortunately Ill be out of town when the memorial run takes place. But Id thought Id share a photo. Its a good photo:
sethjeep.jpg

I am going to try and make the Moab run ................ but the possability of me not having the funds is high :rattle:....... so, if that be the case then I will honor Seth by being there in my Dress Blue :patriot:

My wife and I are going to do our best to be there. We may run the trails or just hang out with everyone for a bit.

Thank you for making this happen Frank!

No way I can afford Moab.

I Couldn't make the China Wall event, I'd really like to make this one.

Color me maybe.

this will probably be my next trip out, and from what I hear it's getting kinda trashy down on the trails. So I'll be keeping some bags in my jeep to toss trash as we go if anyone wants to lend a hand. :thumbup:

Anyone who's going.....

A friend and I are considering (read: it's crossed our minds and if were both ready by then it might happen) droppin indy then out liberty. Lemme know if you're interested.

Just got a great email from Anna!!
Dear Jeep-lovers...

My boys and I have felt very loved by your community...and I, as a mother, am pleased that so many people have continued to honor my Seth, XJFIRE, and allow his legacy to keep being remembered and respected because good people like you have done really special things to make that happen.

It makes my heart burst with pride when I remember the Jeep run we had for his 20th birthday! What a wonderful memory...one I (and many others) will treasure the rest of my life...

All the love, support and pride that followed us from Colorado Springs up into the mountains, on those trails...the pictures remind us of that...the line of Jeeps, the parade of flags...it was amazing!

There was a coming together, not only of entusiasts, but of a family. You are all now part of my family.

This memorial rock, set forever in stone...for everyone to see...and remember...and maybe even find in their own hearts, some of the pride of who we are as Americans...and the pride and courage that Seth had as a soldier, protector and servant to us and to our great nation.

...And the love he had for the adventure of taking his "baby" over the trails, back-roads and mountains that we all love...Seeing and experiencing the rush of being daring and maybe even a little bit crazy...Tasting the excitement and drinking in the wild beauty that makes Colorado so special to all of us.

That's what the run was about...
That's what this stone is about...

Pride. Courage. Sacrifice. Love.

This is a great honor to my son, your friend, Seth...that is why I opened the invitation to family and friends, to those who loved him and those he respected.

There are some things that, as a mother, I chose to keep close, perhaps selfishly, and not share...but only treasure alone. And then there are things I want to shout from the mountain-tops to make sure his name lives on forever...this is one of them.

Thank you for your participation...even if it's not how you envisioned it happening...the timing is right for our family...and I love you all for hanging in there with me.

Respectfully & Thankfully...
Anna Stanton
Proud Momma of
PFC Seth Stanton(KIA/DOW 12/17/06 Iraq), Nate & Dylan

Anna really is a class act.

I sincerely hope we all get a chance to see her and the boys climb into Seth's XJ again and run a trail with us sometime soon.

ditto. We'll have to set up a "Seth Run 2010 II" for all of us that will be in Moab and miss this one.

Back