• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SPRING CLEAN AT REDBIRD MAY 30th

1f34e2a8d665108fcd7c4a6c8f572146.jpg

Wow!
Hope everyone is ok.

So both Sean R's with ugly red xjs have rolled now.

mac 'one made a magazine cover' gyvr

wow glad you guys are good.

It was a great day overall. Weather was perfect, trails were 95% dry (which was incredible). Trail 21 was pretty clean, we picked up a few cans and cleared some deadfall. Brian's electric chainsaw was awesome. Most of the rip rap was still in the rut we put it in, but it may not be a bad idea in the fall to grab some more from the pile and throw it in.

The DNR has done the usual one step forward, two steps back though. We all turned in our volunteer forms and headed down the county road like always, only to run into a locked gate where we used to enter Trail 0. All of the DNR personnel I talked to had no idea why it was closed and nobody seemed to have keys to open it. In fact, one of the guys was actually locked IN. We ended up taking Trail 1 out of the back of the parking lot and running it down to Trail 0. Not a huge deal, but it was unexpected and ate up some time. The big problem would have been if we needed to get a tow rig & trailer back to the rock garden or the crack where Sean rolled. The gate attendant said it may have been closed for security purposes, which I can understand, but it could have been a problem. I guess we know for the future.

I would love to plan another trip later in the summer or early fall, possibly a two day trip. There is plenty of property, and enough to keep the buggy guys busy as well as the 'normal' built rigs busy for 2 days IMO.

There is wheeling at Redbird? My memories are of camping at the lake, eating massive amounts of fajitas and bacon, sleeping in the HoHauler, making an ass sammich out of Fat Jesus's head, someone pissing on Flex's windshield, Mac's fancy generator cover, riding shotgun in the HoBuggy and being so hung over that I cant remember if we ever wheeled, and then driving home. It was a BLAST! :D

Back