• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauging interest in a Colorado Expedition type trip

I never did, I was usually passed out by 2:45. :)

In all honesty I almost never drink anymore due to health issues. My stomach just can't handle it anymore.

I never did, I was usually passed out by 2:45. :)

In all honesty I almost never drink anymore due to health issues. My stomach just can't handle it anymore.
I though it was when you started bringing the wife and kids.

Eww, I only put Pepsi or coke in my Jack Daniels.

No, ever since Iraq my stomach has been jacked up. Lots of acid reflux issues. It comes and goes in waves but alcohol seems to really exasperate the issue.

Anyways, let's get a route and time frame planned out.

I used to have reflux -- stopped eating bread and no more, check out paleo food choices, lots of meats, fats and veggies, skip the grains (now THAT's a hijack, Jim...).

If I can get some extra time away, the fam and I might join in for a couple days. We're planning a Yellowstone/Seattle/PCH trek that will be a bit time/fund consuming next summer.

Ranitidine tablets, cheap from Costco, and the occasional tums. I started carrying tums in grad school when I was drinking 3 pots of coffee a day, and sleeping a couple hours a night.

I was prescribed ranitidine by the VA and quit taking it because it made me feel sick. I'm going to schedule a visit with a doctor here shortly to have my tum tum looked at. Its been getting really bad lately. I eat Tums like they're candy now.

So, now that the AVs just won it on overtime lets get back to the trip planning.

I would like to start out near I-70 and think Spring Creek would be great if everybody is up for it. Depending on the amount of people there is some nice camping at the top before you hit Saxon Mountain Road. The next day we could take Saxon down into Georgetown and continue on our way. We could even double back a bit and take Red Elephant up to Bill Moore Lake and camp there the next day.

Try eating a **** pickle when its acting up. It sounds wierd but actually will simmer my acid reflux down a lot. You can drink pickle juice also. Its pretty crazy how good it works for me..

Still in the works. I hope to be back in Colorado around the first of April and will get serious about planning.

Back