• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 MJ Totalled, the Resurrection!

Well the old 89 engine is just about done. It runs good but is blowing by 2 quarts a week and the catch can isn't keeping up! I picked up a 98 long block to drop in some time late fall

So it's late fall?

And the new motor is in!

I have to button up the electrics, accessory drives, flex plate and exhaust and it should live again.

This happened last week;
1124131430a.jpg

1124131431.jpg

1124131430.jpg

After running upside down in the roll=over I knew it wouldn't be long. It lasted 15,000 miles running on 20psi(off-idle) oil pressure.

4.0's are tough!

I went over there after lunch on Saturday and the old motor was still in the jeep. New motor is in Sunday afternoon. Impressive. Took me almost as long to do the stupid power steering box on my suburban.

I went over there after lunch on Saturday and the old motor was still in the jeep. New motor is in Sunday afternoon. Impressive. Took me almost as long to do the stupid power steering box on my suburban.

LOL!^

Still not done and running but the 98 long block is in. I will finish it up on Thanksgiving Day.

1125131811.jpg

1125131811a.jpg

Need a new power steering pump, this one is leaking.
1125131811c.jpg

1125131811b.jpg

in your defense the suburban steering boxes are a PITA

This is true! I went over to help Matt out and what a mess! We beat on that thing and the drag link would not release from the pitman and we couldn't get the box out far enough to pull the pitman with a puller. Crazy set-up, one more reason to hate IFS.

Back