• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flingshot's Adventure Comanche

Wrestling with how to do my second battery.

I could do conventional dual battery set up with the batteries connected with large cables through an isolator OR I could just do a deep cycle battery in the bed in a battery box connected with a smaller wire through an isolator similar to what you would find on a popup trailer.

Scenario 1 would be better in that I would be using two batteries to start the engine and the winch could be wired to the second battery. However, how often do you use your winch in a rig like mine.

Scenario 2 would be better due to it's ease of installation. It's adequate for running a few lights in the camper and maybe a small fan and a cell phone charger, etc. I was thinking of mounting a small fuse box that I could run my lights to and have a quick disconnect to connect the battery to the fuse panel.
I could also have an onboard tender or charger that could be plugged in whenever I am near near a 110v outlet.

One more thing, no room under the hood unless I rearrange some stuff.
Plenty of room in the bed as well as under the bed on the passenger side or where the spare tire used to mount under the bed behind the axle.

At this time, I'm not sure about a fridge but if I get a big enough battery I should be ok, right?

Sorry to ramble, what are your thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks!

Sorry I dont have the answers to your questions, but I have one myself.

What camper topper did you get? Sorry if I missed that.

It's a Wildernest. They are no longer in production but you can find them used from time to time. Just make sure to do your research prior to buying.
I am learning as I go and it has already cost me some extra time and most likely some money down the road.

Is that Wildernest pretty sturdy? I'd be afraid it would collapse when my fat a** rolled over.

that was always my concern too- I picture the Flintstone car with the rack of ribs on the roof flopping over every time I consider one of these tents:roflmao:

seen your truck in the Nov JP boss... figured i could find it googling and sure enough... lol... nice build and let me know when your ready to build mine for me free of charge k? lol

Well I got a little busy with my business and haven't gotten a lot done. I even tried to sell it for a while but was so busy I couldnt even spend much time on that. I do know for sure that a Flippac will rest on the back of an MJ in my driveway at some point in the next year. I'm just not sure if it will be this MJ or not. If I find one with AC, I'll drop this one like a hot potato.
I have accumulated some 97 front clip parts, suspension parts and I traded the Rubicons for some Gamblers. (Which I like better so please dont tell me how dumb I am) :laugh:
Look for the thread to get revived in the spring.
Cheers!

The AC lacking MJ has been sold, I gave it away actually ($1200) and I have located another MJ as the platform for my build. It has factory AC, factory skid plates, super nice body and bed, power windows, buckets, console, etc. The cool thing is, It was also $1200! and a shit ton less work.
I will pick it up some time in the next few weeks and post some pics.
Hopefully I will move a bit faster this time.

Back