• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAT Program Recognition BBQ October 1

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Save the date!

Saturday, October 1, 2011 at the Discovery Center!

We are in the top five for this years Conservation Award.

More details will be posted as they become available.

From Greg Hoffman

This event will be held October 1st at Big Bear Discovery Center. 4x4 runs will be leaving at 0900.

Lunch will be served at 1 PM.

This will be a cook-off between the Adopt-a-Trail clubs. Last year was a chili cook-off. This year is a Kabob cook-off (choice of meat and vegetables).

More details and a flyer will be out soon!

I will be there but have to leave early for an event in Montrose.

The program will go from Noon to 4pm. Lunch will be served at 1pm

There is a photo contest. If you have a good or favorite picture of our trail bring or send it to me.

There will be a cooking competition with the theme being shish kabobs.

2011BBQflyer.jpg

I plan to be there with Sebastian, I will not be going on the run. There is a slight chance that Holly and Charlotte will go as well but I doubt it.

I'll talk my father into going as well.

Please RSVP so that I can get a headcount to the organizers for planning purposes. Gotta make sure there is enough to eat.

Karstic 1
Sequoia 2
Boostamante 1

Anyone else?

Anyone else?

I'll Probably make an easy run starting from Silverwood to Arrowhead then up to Big Bear.

Anyone else?

I'll Probably make an easy run starting from Silverwood to Arrowhead then up to Big Bear.

Seriously!

We're in the running folks! Show up and make it worth their while to say our name!

Some more info about the BBQ.

- The Annual Adopt-a-Trail Event will kick off at 0900 with 4x4 and other off-road excursions into the forest!

- There will be a photo contest. Please submit any 8"x10" photo(s) of your club in the forest working, playing or ?

- There will be a BBQ Cook-Off; in order to unseat last years BBQ Champion Rick Roberts! Best BBQ'ed Shish-Kabob's will take home this years trophies!! You choose the meat (or no meat) and veggies. The entries need to be assembled (meat and veggies can be cut up previously) and need to be BBQ'ed at the Cook-Off. A NEW BBQ Champion will reign!

- There will be a competition for BEST APPETIZER, SIDE-DISH and DESSERT! BEST DECORATED TABLE. Ribbons will be awarded!

- There will be a competition for BEST DECORATED Off Highway Vehicle. 4x4 quad, UTV', motorcycle or OTHER. Ribbons will be awarded!

- There will be a big raffle with lots of wonderful donated items being offered.

- There will be some 'surprise competitions' so come prepared!

- There will be an awards ceremony recognizing the awesome clubs that have made the Adopt-a-Trail Program such a big success!

- Food will be served at 1300 hrs (1 PM).

- Awards and raffle will run from 1430-1600 (230-400 PM).

Please bring your choice of drinks, chairs and shade structures.

Come join us for some fun together this Saturday in Big Bear!

I might end up flaking, Sebastian has gotten a cold again and Holly's still recovering from the last one, if she feels well enough to watch both kids I'll come up by myself, otherwise I'm babysitting.

I think I am out! My trans suddenly stopped locking the TC and is shifting funny, I need to figure it out this weekend as it is my only vehicle... :(

Did you blow the 7.5A fuse? It's an inline fuse, backtrace from the TCU to find it.

Verdammte Scheiße am I going to be the only one representing SoCal NAXJA?

This isn't directed at you Max and G. you guys have definately represented the club and the AAT program.

Last edited:
Did you blow the 7.5A fuse? It's an inline fuse, backtrace from the TCU to find it.

Fuses are good and it does shift just not as normal, I was driving on the freeway yesterday and I heard a noise from the trans and since then the TC lock was working intermittently. I checked fluids are good, today I was not able to get up to speed (traffic) to test any...

It feels as the shift lever takes a bit more force to put into drive from N than it did before, so I am fearing internal damage...

HEY WebDog,
This is me (sergio) PTI counter man!!....thought id jump on and let you know i fianally purshased my new 1997 Jeep XJ SE,with 178,000mil...BONE STOCK and hope to find lots of great info on this forum.What's your input on the HyperTech performance kit to boost Gas Milage on this BEAST??

Back