• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Creek Friday night (7-15)

Ya the jeep made it home. ran great with good temps the whole way home. stupid cooling systems :bawl:

was a fun and LONG last trip for the jeep in its current setup. Thanks for going all..

and matt, hope your arms dont get too big from cranking on the steering wheel in the rig :laugh2:

qnjytl.jpg

15fsnkg.jpg

Looks like it is trying to flatten itself out... Yikes.

no wonder my shifter boot kept turning on my rear wipers.

Anyone who came on this trip with work this morning, I feel bad for you, I slept till 1...

I have yet to sleep. Jus got home from work. about to hit the sack.

looks like you did a number on that!

I got in about 3 winks on the couch, I've been doing yard work most of the day since.

Correction, best part of that trail is when you are off of it. Eff being on that trail. The obsticles are fun, but few and far between, and the driving in between and back down truely brings the suck. Not really worth it

Correction, best part of that trail is when you are off of it. Eff being on that trail. The obsticles are fun, but few and far between, and the driving in between and back down truely brings the suck. Not really worth it

I was thinking that myself when I ran it the nite of the 3rd into the morning of the 4th ...it was like never ending boring up hill shelf roads with only a spec of fun times , and i did not bother to put on my aux trans coolers b4 running it ...the trans fluid was red...was , but that constant climb turned it black first run .

Between the mud and the lateness of noght it did seem to take a lot longer to run than normal, but I still had fun.

I really enjoy Spring Creek because it has every part of the mountains I love: rock crawling, trail riding, switchbacks, views, and a lot of mountain air! Sometimes slowing down and doing the stuff in between obstacles makes it more fun, but that time might no be 2 in the morning.

Oh ya, a lil bit of story for ya......

I pulled over on the way to Idaho Springs. Apparently busted taillights with no color to them are not ok. Who woulda known. AS it turns out I didnt have my insurance card on me either. Definitely sucks. Luckily he didnt go to the front of the jeep and just gave me the fix it ticket for the light. So only 18 bucks. :gag: That really could have sucked. But who cares as the jeep is getting driven to the new place and parked for a while......

on to the few pics I have. only have pics of david. Dutch's rig was at the bottom, and Madmike was over the obsticle before i had gotten out of my rig and back down - Showoff :D

DSC02992.jpg

DSC02993.jpg

DSC02994.jpg

DSC02996.jpg

DSC02998.jpg

DSC02999.jpg

DSC03000.jpg

qnjytl.jpg

15fsnkg.jpg

Looks like it is trying to flatten itself out... Yikes.

no wonder my shifter boot kept turning on my rear wipers.

Anyone who came on this trip with work this morning, I feel bad for you, I slept till 1...

Dam you did a number on that stock crossmember. Looks like its time to build a new bellyskid/crossmember Mr. welds everything :D Just build a new one. and not out of stock ones, there weak as shit.

Back