• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 comanche specific questions

Joshooha

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
alright guys! I finally joined the MJ club! I will post pictures of it someday, but I have a couple questions!

its a 5 speed manual and has a floor pedal for the e-brake. The ratcheting portion of it does not work correctly, it acts like its stripped. When the brake holds it works great. But it lets loose often. It appears everything is working correctly besides the ratchet in the e-brake. Is there a way to fix it, or where the hell do I buy one, OR is there a junkyard one I can get from something else such as like a dakota?

Also, the tailgate latch is broken, it looks like a old s-10 style latch, is that true, and if that's the case I probably can just get one off an old s-10 correct?

Re: 2 comanche specific questionscl

Not sure if an e-brake assembly from a different vehicle would work. I'd say that it's not likely. Try to find an MJ in a junkyard. Or it's possible that someone here or at www.comancheclub.com has one to sell.

Yes, some guys do use the S-10 latch handle. Again, try to find an MJ or S-10 in a junkyard.

If you can tell me specifically what part of the tail gate you need, I've likely got it laying around. PM me with a photo or description and if I have it, we can work out the details.

The parking brake is a common issue, and new ones arent available. As far as the recall, Ive never seen it for comanches, but I have seen it for YJ Wranglers, and they are a similar style and mounting. Im sure if you had a little fabbing experience you could easilly make a YJ one work. The dealer has them new also as we still get them coming in for the recall. Getting one form a JY donor will be touch and go, might end up with the same problem. I have seen a few poeple convert the park brake to XJ style, that is assuming you have bucket seats. Might be another option for you.

thanks for the advice guys! I'm gonna go to the dealer at some point and see what I can work out.

Back