• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper heater hose diameter

Volatile

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

After having issues with my radiator cap, I wanted to do a flush of my cooling system since the Jeep sat for close to 4 years and who knows what's inside. I had originally spliced in one of those Prestone flush and fill tee fittings into my upper heater hose originally, and while looking at it, of course it's now leaking. I don't want to mess around with yet another potential point of failure in this system, so I want to replace the whole hose. What is the correct diameter hose running from the thermostat housing to the heater control valve? The plastic tee says 5/8, I just want to be sure before I buy a length of hose.

Thanks!

Did you buy the pre-formed hoses?

Nope, I ended up deleting my chronically leaking heater control valve while I was in there so I just got a length of 3/4" and 5/8" and cut it to fit. Running directly from the thermostat and water pump instead of that plastic nightmare eliminated the need for any pre-formed bends.

Back