• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats wrong with this SYE?

mdl

NAXJA Forum User
i have a store credit to jeepline.. long story..

anyways i figure since i dont own a wrangler im limited on what i can get from there. I need an SYE anyway so may as well use this credit toward it.

I'm looking at this http://jeepline.com/store/itemdetail.asp?ID=8261 and im woundering why it is so damn cheap? whats wrong with it?

thats about standard price. it just doesnt include a driveshaft which will usually at least double that price.

and a new drive shaft

doesnt this kit include it as well? i dont know much when it comes to drivetrain

Last edited:
helix said:
doesnt this kit include it as well? i dont know much when it comes to drivetrain
then do a lot of reading before you attempt this.

yea that is a better price, but the thing is that i allready have a store credit for jeepline >_<

they dont even sell the drive shaft i need at jeepline i dont think.. What is the cheapest drive shaft i could get?

helix said:
yea that is a better price, but the thing is that i allready have a store credit for jeepline >_<

they dont even sell the drive shaft i need at jeepline i dont think.. What is the cheapest drive shaft i could get?

The cheapest would be a front driveshaft from a Cherokee with a 4.0 and an automatic transmission.

Oh yeah, and if you get a front driveshaft, you'll need to get a U-Joint adapter, it's like $40 and easy to put on. Still, you'll be saving a ton of money.

RyleyF said:
Oh yeah, and if you get a front driveshaft, you'll need to get a U-Joint adapter, it's like $40 and easy to put on. Still, you'll be saving a ton of money.

You dont need the adapter unless you are running a Hack & Tap, w/ the HD SYE, the front D/S bolts right up, no mods required(alot easier to carry a spare that fit front and rear also)

Just my $.02

johnh2os said:
You dont need the adapter unless you are running a Hack & Tap, w/ the HD SYE, the front D/S bolts right up, no mods required(alot easier to carry a spare that fit front and rear also)

Just my $.02
Ditto, I was about to call BS, no adapter here.

Back