• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reinforced stock bumper and custom swing away tire carrier.

David B

NAXJA Forum User
The bumper is stock and will fit an '84 to '96 Cherokee. It is reinforced on the inside at the bumper mounts with steel and then I welded (2) .25" steel plates to the outside on each side of the bumper. These plates are bent to follow the same curves of the bumper. The tire carrier brackets were then welded to these plates. The tire carrier is square tubing and reinforced at the pivot point. The tire mount is set up for a 5x4.5 wheel (I had 15x8 Eagle 589's) It is set at a slight angle to allow for a better departure angle and it looks real good. It has been on my Jeep for two years and is plenty strong for my spare 34" Super Swamper LTB (Heavy). It will accomodate a 31-33" tire really well. A 35" tire will fit, but would be too big to get the tailgate open. It is all black. It has a few scuff marks and scratches, but nothing a can of spray paint won't fix. Asking $100.00, but willing to accept offers. I HAVE PICTURES! Send me an email address if interested. UTAH ONLY, I do not want to ship this!

Can I see the pics? I'm thinking about making a tire carrier that will work with my stock bumper, I'd probably buy yours if I was in Utah...:)

I'd buy it but you'd have to ship it. I wouldn't need the whole bumper you could just cut the bumper where it mounts and I'd reweld to my. that way you wouldn't have to ship the whole bumper.

let me know if you are interested my zip is 98662

Back