• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with Alarm please!!

flingshot

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a 96 recently and I have been trying to get it home so I can work on it.
Originally I couldnt get anything to work even if I jumped it. On another thread, it was explained that the battery was most likely wasted so I put in a new one and she fired right up.
It was low on tranny fluid so I shut it off and locked it up.
When I came back with the fluid, it would not start.

Everything works but now it wont turn over. I noticed it has an alarm under the hood and I think it has a kill switch built in to the alarm based on what the PO said.

I need to move it before it gets towed so I was wondering if any of you more alarm savvy car electronic gurus could help me figure out how to ditch the alarm or at least the ignition kill part so I can get it home.
I will probably take it to Car Toys or the like after a while to get a fob but for now I just need to get it home so I can survey the situation to see if its a keeper or a parts car.

I am leaving to go back over there now so call me on my cell

Thanks

3:eyes:3-324-4674

Nevermind.

Figured it out. It was a combination of the alarm and a faulty NSS.

Jeep is home and ready for inspection. Should have time to change fluids and do some much needed cleaning tomorrow.

Thanks!

Back