• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Double shear track-bar?

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
SO Skully gave me the idea to make a double shear track-bar mount out of the stock track-bar mount. I dident wana spend money to buy a new one when I could beefy up a stock one just as much as the RE one. SO I gave it a shot.

I first welded the tabs on, then filled in the stock whole and put round stock threw it all the way to brace it a littl. Then went to town bracing the hell out of it. So pretty much theres 1/4" plate all over the bottom half.

It turned out pretty well I think. What do you guys think? I still need to clean all the splatter up, but its pretty much done. I need to weld a little more on the one side. It looks kinda bad in the pic, but its really not.

P9230415.jpg

P9230417.jpg

P9230419.jpg

Damn, that's a big chunk o steel lol.
As long as you're trying to beef it up... I'd put a gusset or two on the backside there, and then box it in, just for the hell of it.

As long as you're trying to beef it up... I'd put a gusset or two on the backside there, and then box it in, just for the hell of it.
He covered the shear lines, that's good enough.

It's purdier than mine, and probably clears the coil mount too. ;)

Both shears have 1/4" plate over them them, and on the back side 1/4" plate from each sear tieing them together. I dont think I need to guesset anything else. You cant see but on the inside I also have a piece of solid stock welded to the shears that the back plate welds to as well. Its all tied together pretty well. Everything been plated so I think its beefy enough.

Both shears have 1/4" plate over them them, and on the back side 1/4" plate from each sear tieing them together. I dont think I need to guesset anything else. You cant see but on the inside I also have a piece of solid stock welded to the shears that the back plate welds to as well. Its all tied together pretty well. Everything been plated so I think its beefy enough.

Its definitely beefy enough. That's why I said just for the hell of it.

Nice redneck upgrade :thumbup:

SO Skully gave me the idea to make a double shear track-bar mount out of the stock track-bar mount. I dident wana spend money to buy a new one when I could beefy up a stock one just as much as the RE one. SO I gave it a shot.

I first welded the tabs on, then filled in the stock whole and put round stock threw it all the way to brace it a littl. Then went to town bracing the hell out of it. So pretty much theres 1/4" plate all over the bottom half.

It turned out pretty well I think. What do you guys think? I still need to clean all the splatter up, but its pretty much done. I need to weld a little more on the one side. It looks kinda bad in the pic, but its really not.

Wow! Looks good there Chad, so you you did go through with the 2" Ballistic Fab joint upgrade to the RE1600.

I think it will be pretty beef all around.

I am glad you got the time to do these projects, that is why I handed you the stuff and said "DO IT!" :D

Now can't wait to see it on and working.

Wow! Looks good there Chad, so you you did go through with the 2" Ballistic Fab joint upgrade to the RE1600.

I think it will be pretty beef all around.

I am glad you got the time to do these projects, that is why I handed you the stuff and said "DO IT!" :D

Now can't wait to see it on and working.

Yep I went with the ballistic joint. Turned out pretty good I think. And is way beefy. Hey I just had to find time between work, school, finish bumper, and you lol.

That is what I used on my Raptor modified TnT tracbar! Good stuff!!

X2 lets go wheelin :D

Well I finaly gathered all my parts to go to a 5.5" lif, Im doing my sye next weekend, and then doing the lift durin the week. Me and casey I think are going to run Spring Creek the 9th If you want to come join us. Ive never done the trail and want to run it. So ya lol

Why not make an all new one with 1/4'' plate? Seems like it would have been stronger and easier to make than trying to work around the stock mount.

Good job, you didn't even set off that propane tank in the background:flame:

How would that happen............ Oh, you must have smelled the leak :looser:

Back