• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I needed help with electrical connections - JEEP 1999

wsumelan

NAXJA Forum User
Do I find new electronic injection connections? I needed the spare parts number
If the piece to follow where I find used pieces ??
Note that the transmutation is normal and not automatic
The engine is 4.0 liters

These images are for illustration

What's the issue ???

Do you need the entire harness or just the injector plugs?
1999-01 XJs use an EV6 fuel injector plug.
Earlier XJs used EV1 plugs.

I just went thru this a couple months ago. Nothing new is available anymore, unless you to find N.O.S. so that leaves the internet, junk yards, or something like Craigslist. The harnesses are "very specific" as to Engine/Trans/Emissions.
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1145993

I need to
entire harness

If you ever find a source, let me know.
My 01's injector harness is cooked to the point where the various wires are stuck together and the injector plugs are so brittle they break if removed.
The injector plugs have been temporally repaired by soldering a new set of plugs onto the harness.

If you ever find a source, let me know.
My 01's injector harness is cooked to the point where the various wires are stuck together and the injector plugs are so brittle they break if removed.
The injector plugs have been temporally repaired by soldering a new set of plugs onto the harness.

That's what happened with mine!

Two months ago, when installing a stroker, I had planned on splicing in new injector plugs and extending the injector wiring up to the firewall.
When pulling the plastic cover, that protects the wiring going over the top of the engine, the wires could not be separated at all, being fused together.
Surprisingly, the wires were still flexible and not prone to cracking.
Instead of screwing up what was there, it was left it alone except for splicing in the new injector plugs.
The harnesses found at the local pick-a-parts were all in similar condition.
These are things to expect when driving an elderly vehicle.

Since the coil rail was being retained, it's wires were extended about 15" to allow pulling it out of the way to access the spark plugs.
With stock wiring, the coil rail cannot be pulled out of the way, making it is very difficult to change the spark plugs or to remove the coil rail's plug.

Back