• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP231J

chickenbot

NAXJA Forum User
93 4.0l 5 speed
So I crawled under the Jeep last night and noticed both output seals were leaking. When things like this happen l love to upgrade. So I would like to do a partial rebuild kit but also do the wide chain upgrade, SYE, and the 6 planetary upgrade.

Should I just go to a pick-n-pull and pick up a spare TC and build that one? If so what year should I look out for?
Any other donors I should look out for?
What rebuild kits do yall recommend?
What SYE kit do yall recommend?

SYE? I've never had any complaints with my Advance Adapters.

Rebuild the one you have.
I tried the take your time and rebuild then swap approach and found out that while auto's with the same length shaft and spline count they didnt have the splines cut deep enough into the input shaft for the ax15 and had to take mine apart anyhow.

You will need an AX15 short input Tcase if you want to rebuild a second one.

I would recommend JB Conversions. His rear housing is a much nicer casting and he uses double lipped seals which he has specially made. The only challenge is to make sure you actually receive all the parts. He will make it right if you have been shorted anything, but it costs extra time on your end.

His rebuild kit also comes with the better seals.

Back