• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT Customs U bolt eliminators

K2fender

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking about trying out TNT's U bolt eliminators. I currently have Rusty's 3 inch leaf packs. I am happy with the flex, but I need more lift. Has anyone tried these out? How has the ride been? Also has anyone tried out TNT's boomerang shackles? They look well built. I'm thinking about giving them a try as well. I will probably do just one of the above until I upgrade to longarms. The ride is going to be too severely effected with more than 5.5 inches of lift on short arms.

if that stuff is built anything like the y-link setup i have, i would say go for it!

i WISH i seen them a few day ago, before i got new shackles!

K2fender said:
I was thinking about trying out TNT's U bolt eliminators. I currently have Rusty's 3 inch leaf packs. I am happy with the flex, but I need more lift. Has anyone tried these out? How has the ride been? Also has anyone tried out TNT's boomerang shackles? They look well built. I'm thinking about giving them a try as well. I will probably do just one of the above until I upgrade to longarms. The ride is going to be too severely effected with more than 5.5 inches of lift on short arms.

I just got my TNT Y Link a couple weks ago. I just started the install this weekend. All I have to say is it is an awesome kit. Very well and heavy built kit. Right after Xmas I am ordering up a pair of their boomerang shackles. Look to be well biult like anything else they have produced. Plus they are awesome to deal with. A+ in my book. HTH

ECKSJAY said:
Opened their page with the u-bolt eliminators at the shop and I swear we stood and stared for 5 mins...
yeah, I'd be staring too...

at the price tag! $130-140 for that?! and you better really trust your welder and have good thickness on the axle tubes, cause they are far more reliant on the welds than a normal u-bolt setup.

I'm not trying to TnT bash, their y-link looks great.

at the price tag! $130-140 for that?!

Those u-bolt eliminators are a pretty slick setup and if i ever end up swaping out axles, ill probably pick a set up.

140 bucks seems like alot, but when you factor in cost of blocks or shackles, the high clearance shock mounts(which are included) and new u-bolts, their not much, if any more than a set of new brackets with all the goodies.

BrettM said:

at the price tag! $130-140 for that?! and you better really trust your welder and have good thickness on the axle tubes, cause they are far more reliant on the welds than a normal u-bolt setup.

I'm not trying to TnT bash, their y-link looks great.

I agree. I've seen traction bar mounts ripped off an 8.8 tube that left holes in the axle tube. Granted these won't be seeing the same forces, it just gives you something to consider.

Jeffro600 said:
The ubolt eliminators??

They eliminate the need for u-bolts, relocates the shock mounts for a high clearance setup and can give you up to 1 1/2 inches of lift.

Check em out:

http://www.tntcustoms.com/webV3/ubolteliminators.asp

I don't have 5 mins to stare again. ;)

Ok, well...I can weld shock mounts higher...and I can put a block on *if* I REALLY needed one...and I've never munched a u-bolt. Same goes for everyone else who saw that page. Props to those guys though and their ability to take money from people to solve problems that didn't exist in the first place. :D

ZPD said:
Why does one need to eliminate a u-bolt?

jeffro600 said:
The ubolt eliminators??

They eliminate the need for u-bolts, relocates the shock mounts for a high clearance setup and can give you up to 1 1/2 inches of lift.

but as stated you dont really need them, but they do give you some advantages, as lifted above. I personally wouldnt buy them. But to each his own

i really don't see what they do myself....

so would this be a URF U-bolt eliminator eliminator kit?
bd_1.JPG

cool idea but for the price i dont' see a huge advantage for $130 it just isn't worth it seems easy enough to make out of some box steal and plate. the 8.8 truss on the other hand is kinda cool 150 is a fair price for a fairly nice truss (dont' know any real world experience about the truss, or thickness, but it sure looks pretty).

Back