• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension Link analysis for Clayton type long arm

motorman

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I am deep into it now. I've downloaded a 4link analysis excel program from pirate and am playing around with it.

It is a 4 link setup for the rear but I don't see why I can't use it for the front.

However, I want to analyse a Clayton long arm type set up where the upper links don't tie to the frame, but to the lower link.

Is there a better tool out there to do this, or how do I input that into what I am using?

http://home.earthlink.net/~triaged/...ulatorV2.0a.zip

I believe you just move the rear/upper point to the rear/lower (like this >).

Didn't bother looking at the worksheet, so maybe I shouldn't really comment here, but FWIW....

The action of a radius arm suspension is different from the action of a four link, don't see how you can use a formula for one to determine the characteristics of another.

What are you trying to determine?

Goatman said:
Didn't bother looking at the worksheet, so maybe I shouldn't really comment here, but FWIW....

The action of a radius arm suspension is different from the action of a four link, don't see how you can use a formula for one to determine the characteristics of another.

What are you trying to determine?

To make the 4-link spreadsheet work for radius arms you make the uppers and lowers attach at the same point on the frame...making the intersection of the links where the lowers attach to the frame, and making the instant center right there........ ideally making it work like radius arms.

Back