• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question on a lift

stu's jeep's

NAXJA Forum User
well i am thinking of installing a lift now the reason, light off road,winters(deep snow somtimes),ground clearnce, now i am looking for a 3" lift :wave1: i am looking to spend about $400 for lift and $600 :tears: for tires or so or if i can find a used lift in good cond?? ,next thing do i have to install new driveshaft's???? i do not want any drive line vibration in the front drive shaft. is better to do add a leaf's or new spring's. What is a good kit that is affordable .

i know that collins brothers has a good deal on their rough country 3" lift. its comes with rear add a leafs, front springs and shocks for around $240 shipped. i cant really tell how well it works because i havent installed it yet. its on my porch in boxes. but if its just mild off-road, then i think that this would work. hope this helps

What year is your XJ? If I have learned one thing from this forum, its that everyones XJ takes lifts a little differently and nothing is certain. I have a 95 and installed (actually had installed) a 3" lift from Super-Lift, new coil springs and AAL in the rear. I did not need new drive shafts and I have no vibe problems. After 3" of lift is typically when you get into neeidng new drive shafts, SYE, etc., but that does not mean you won't need something at 3" or 2". I'm running 31s with my 3" lift and I hate the lack of acceleration and poor highway performance in 5th gear (still have stock gearing). Also have rubbing at full lock, but thats not so bad.

thanks for the reply i have a 1996 and i am looking at no more than a 3" and going with 30" tire no more it is my daily driver and i have a big hill to climb and i do have factory limited slip in the rear party1:

Call me, neighbor. We should talk.

Back