• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not another lift question...

Urban Redneck

NAXJA Forum User
I have yet another lift question. Actually, it is a budget boost question. I am looking to move to a OME lift next summer, but need new tires before the snow flies this winter. I was looking at the RE 2" boost to get me through the winter. I was going to add the JKS discos, RE adjustable trackbar and Doetsch DT0 shocks as well as the OME stabilizer. I am trying to add some stuff that I would be adding anyhow with the OME to make the cash hit a lil easier next summer. Has anyone used the RE boost? Any other ideas? Thanks!

Get a hold of 'Intrepidxj' he has a budget boost on his, sounds like he is doing the same thing as you.

You might have to wait for a week or ten days though.....
we are all out of here!

What size tires do you plan to buy, and will you be wheeling between now and when you get the OME or just driving on the street?

I ask because the OME suspensions only net 2" or 3" of lift, dpending on which springs you get, and that's generally good for 31" tires. And if you don't do off-road (or if you don't disconnect the sway bars), you can run 31x10.50s on OEM rims with NO lift -- just extend the rear bump stops. Why waste money on a budget boost for 6 months?

from what i've seen with OME lifts coming in and out of my buddy's shop, they all seem to add 1 " lift shackles and a spacer up front with 31s. apparently you need just a little more altitude with the 31s than just the lift provides. i say do the BB, then when you do the ome lift, leave the BB on as well. I think you'll be happier with the performance that way. One thing you should take into account if you follow this course is that you'll most definately want to purchase replacement control arms when you add the OME lift to the BB. quite possibly maybe an SYE as well.. ya gotta pay to play :D HTH

- Dave

Just a little tip, don't do the JKS discos until you get a lift of at least 3"s. I had my BB in with JKS discos and when you go over the slightest bumper for example speed bump, drive way curbs, the top of the sway bar will hit and dent inside your wheel well.

Also arn't OME lifts a little pricey for what you get? Plus I heard their prices went up. Why not go with a RE3.5 lift with full leaf packs and some OME Shocks after the BB?

Also make sure you have some extra $$ on hand just in case you need a SYE/rear drive shaft. I had bad vibes after my BB, had to put in a t-case drop.

Last edited:
I just finished helping a friend install the Rocky Road Outfitters BB yesterday (2" spacers, 1.5" shackles, 0.5" blocks). Disregarding our few mistakes, it was a nice clean install even though my buddy left the directions at his place. So far no vibrations whatsoever, it looks good and rides well. I wouldn't go for the Doetsch shocks that came with his (not sure which ones), since they were exactly the same length at full extension as the factory shocks. The only issue we encountered was the upper bolts on the rear shocks snapping off inside the threads. He broke off the driver's side, I broke the passenger side, even after two days soaking in PB.

You may know this already, maybe we're just stupid:
With a kit using blocks and shackles, if you install the block and shackle on one side before starting on the other, make sure to take the leaf spring completely loose from the axle (on side 2) before attempting to install the other shackle. The new geometry on the completed side will make the other impossible to install otherwise.

I think this is one of the oldest revived threads I've ever seen!

Since this thread was started there have been many new ones that cover the BB and lift combos a LOT more if anyone is still looking for info. Searches help quite a bit. I did the research a while back and found more info than I could handle!
:D

Back