• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Megasquirt

blazin

NAXJA Forum User
I got a jeep that has the stupid(as far as im concerened) Renix Fuel injection system on it. I have been looking to install megasquirt on something for a while now and I think this would be the best bet. Im thinking fuel only for now and maybe work my way into timing. This is a 88 xj 4.0

Why for? Unless you're going to get heavily into tuning the thing, there's nothing wrong with the RENIX setup (of course, I've got a bit of a rep with RENIX anyhow - having had five RENIX rigs to date...)

However, I do prefer it to just about any OBD-I/OBD-II vehicle I've had or worked on to date. No codes, you do yer own thinkin', and the whole system can be troubleshot with an analogue multimeter (you can do most of it with a DMM, but there are a couple of tests where you do have to have an analogue.)

I'm not trying to shoot down your idea, just trying to understand.

(In a technical sense, RENIX is "stupid". That's what makes it so easy to work on...)_

wolfpackjeeper said:
I plan on megasquirting my stroker sometime after my PCS money comes in

That makes some more sense, since you can then retune fuel maps and the like to complement your stroker - and do so more effectively than just retuning various sensor signals (like the MAP, most commonly.)

yea, right now I am still living in the BOQ since my stuff has not arrived yet, and pay has not gotten started yet. Hopefully sometime in the next month or so I can start thinking about all my jeep projects again.

you will need a distributer tigger wheel out of a late 80's ford v6, and some kind of CDI ignition box (msd type)

the rest of the factory sensors will work fine with the megasquirt
The megasquirt forum is awesome if you decide to do the conversion.

Back