• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fender flares, mud everyplace

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have stock 1990 year flares, and 33x12.5 inch tires that stick out at least 3 or 4 inches past the stock flares. My XJ is covered with mud as a result, heck even the hood and windshield and roof get covered by thrown dirt mud, snow, water, and I dare not have the door windows down when hitting these wet substances!

So wider flares are in order. I really like the stock look, but of course made wider to cover my tire width. I am not a fan of flat fender or the bolt hole showing flares offered, I am sure they work, but I want the stockish look for my XJ rig. Also not happy with the near $100 price each, I might get my wallet pried open for a stock look wide flare, but still that is a lot of dough.

Do flares exist that have the stock contours, but wider by 3 or 4 inches? has anyone modified stock to be wider? perhaps a spacer between the fender and flare?

looking for suggestions from you all on how you tackled this.

Thanks!

Good luck with finding larger, wider flairs that are under $100 each and look stock! Notch customs are what it sounds like you want and they are around $600 a pair https://notchcustoms.com/products/x-max-fender-flares?variant=4532938702881 . Maybe this is what you need!

025cq09765f11_zpsgakilfie.jpg

People have adapted rear TJ flares to all 4 corners of the XJ

Back