• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Shoulder belt Retrofit---89 4dr XJ

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
As much as I would like to swap my lift and axles over to a 99 XJ body......it's not in the cards right now, so I need to get some rear shoulder belts in place for my kids. I tried my Jeep parts contact, there is a TSB # on a rear shoulderbelt retrofit, but he's yet to come up with anything.

I'm wondering if anyone has pulled the hardware from newer XJ and performed the retro fit themselves.....if so, please share. I'm sure it involves chopping them out of a donor rig and welding in gussets and a trim swapout...........
TIA

XJEEPER said:
As much as I would like to swap my lift and axles over to a 99 XJ body......it's not in the cards right now, so I need to get some rear shoulder belts in place for my kids. I tried my Jeep parts contact, there is a TSB # on a rear shoulderbelt retrofit, but he's yet to come up with anything.

I'm wondering if anyone has pulled the hardware from newer XJ and performed the retro fit themselves.....if so, please share. I'm sure it involves chopping them out of a donor rig and welding in gussets and a trim swapout...........
TIA

This was just discussed about a week or two ago. Hate to say "Do a search," but the only way to do otherwise is for me to do it for you. Thus:

"Do a search" :)

I hate to usurp a "do a search" comment, but long ago I thought about doing that to my 89 XJ and came up with p/n 4636414-rear shoulder belt retrofit kit. I don't know if that's still valid or not but maybe it will help. Other than that, uhhhh...do a search. :D

I thought about this and have not researched it yet but I plan on having a hoop built like rustys sells and have a shoulder bar for a 5 point harness on it. A little more expensive but worth the extra protection IMHO. And it will not be just a bar there will be at least something to the rear until I figure out how I want the front done.

Eagle said:
This was just discussed about a week or two ago. Hate to say "Do a search," but the only way to do otherwise is for me to do it for you. Thus:

"Do a search" :)

Ya ya ya.......found it using different verbage........and I had no idea that the rear belts weighed 10lbs....thanks Jes!

Back