NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > NorthWest Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

NorthWest Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old October 3rd, 2019, 14:11
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Is the NWC dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myredxj View Post
Years ago I started a new career and got divorced. Traded off my jeep for a mustang. Apparently I haven't logged in since 2011 right when life changed up. But, 2 weeks ago I bought a jeep from my late friends mom. He use to be a member here. His naxja name was thethinginthewoods.
jose? black late model on mtr's? Sad.

On a side note, im around still. same xj, same setup. Dont ever check here, but today i though. hmm . Cool to see some people still around. this is a great wealth of info for our platforms. i learned a great deal about my jeep and how to wheel it here within this community.

Hope everybody is well! Life in the face as i like to say.

Bronze.
Old October 5th, 2019, 20:05
NAXJA Member

I have 2 XJ's one is a stalled LS swap/build the other is my mall crawler, maybe getting a 3rd for the kid to beat around the property through the trees. Been working on my Commando lately.
Old October 5th, 2019, 21:22
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronzewyrm View Post
jose? black late model on mtr's? Sad.

On a side note, im around still. same xj, same setup. Dont ever check here, but today i though. hmm . Cool to see some people still around. this is a great wealth of info for our platforms. i learned a great deal about my jeep and how to wheel it here within this community.

Hope everybody is well! Life in the face as i like to say.

Bronze.
My name is Doug. His name was Brian. He lived in buckley when he was young. He was living in Montana as a heavy diesel mechanic.
Old October 12th, 2019, 22:50
NAXJA Forum User

been a couple years since i've checked in here.
but i'm still around.
sold a bunch of my rigs.
but still have my staled yj build and a mild build 2016 jkur.
Old October 13th, 2019, 20:53
NWC President

Hi.

The Jeep's always ready to hit the trail. Just re-vamped my front bumps, and itching to get a trip in soon. Then it's snow season!

I'd love to see some posting again. I tapered off my posting mostly because I felt like I was wasting my time when all you get is crickets.

I know a few of us will be making our annual pilgrimage (14th year!) to TSF next month if anyone wants to come out an play.
Old October 15th, 2019, 18:50
NAXJA Member

Glad to see your still on n hereTorx cant make it next month, work. Gota get together sometime
Old October 20th, 2019, 11:02
NAXJA Forum User

Is the NWC dead?

Yeah seems pretty dead I was all excited to come back with the new Jeep but it's dead as can be in here.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Old October 20th, 2019, 12:37
NWC President

Is the NWC dead?

You guys post about the NWC being dead, but don't do anything to contribute to it staying alive.

If you want to see activity, contribute! Post a build thread, add a post to the random thoughts thread, picture of the day thread, or better yet post an event in the staging area. Maybe others want to get out and wheel too, but don't have a group to go with?

We will be looking for a board of directors for 2020 next month. All of you commenting on how quiet the NWC is, now is your chance to walk the walk. If all you want to do is talk, then I'll gladly keep one of the seats warm and the lights on.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Old October 21st, 2019, 10:59
NAXJA Member

Torx, any info on the TSF trip you mentioned next month? I don't know any of the local members, but would enjoy coming out for some trail riding if it's suitable for a lightly built rig
Old October 21st, 2019, 14:05
NAXJA Forum User

I'm not a regular here.

But it's a dead platform. The ones left are either already built or totally whooped by 20 years of DD status.
Old October 21st, 2019, 21:08
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrgunn5150 View Post
I'm not a regular here.

But it's a dead platform. The ones left are either already built or totally whooped by 20 years of DD status.
You should come out to the northwest. Plenty of solid XJs running around. quite a popular vehicle out here as well.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 11:44
NAXJA Member

We had a meet n greet a couple of years ago. It was nice to meet everyone in person. It would be great if we could do that more often. I'm not able to make the offroad events because of my work schedule unless I can schedule out way in advance.

We could also have a shop day or garage day where we could meet up and work on a project together or just BS in the driveway with a cold one staring at the Jeeps saying 'yep' or something else non coherent. Que the King of the hill scene. lol

There are at least 2 other lifted XJ's in my neighborhood and yet I've never talked to the owners. Again my stupid work schedule.

Probable be starting a build thread soon. I want to build LAs front and rear. Will need some help.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 14:34
NAXJA Member

That would be fun. A recent move into an apartment has left me with minimal opportunities for driveway beer drinking and wrench turning.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 21:51
NAXJA Member

Keep in mind that get togethers don't have to be initiated by the BOD, anyone can organize a meet up.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 11:51
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORX View Post
Hi.

The Jeep's always ready to hit the trail. Just re-vamped my front bumps, and itching to get a trip in soon. Then it's snow season!

I'd love to see some posting again. I tapered off my posting mostly because I felt like I was wasting my time when all you get is crickets.

I know a few of us will be making our annual pilgrimage (14th year!) to TSF next month if anyone wants to come out an play.
Got any dates for this? I might be willing to come out and camp if somebody has seat space for me. Still have an XJ but recently purchased an LJ that will likely be my future rig.