• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Radiator Fan

2001JeepXJNS

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a good way to fix my electric radiator fan. On my 2001xj on of the tabs on the bottom of my housing evidently broke when reinstalling after changing my radiator last weekend.

I didnt notice it until yesterday when I was parked for a while with the engine on and the jeep started to shake like crazy. I opened the hood and saw that the fan housing was shaking. When I got home I pulled it out and saw the tab on the bottom right hand sight was broke off. Looked under the jeep and doesnt seem like there is any way to get to it to remount securely some other way. But Im sure there is.

Any ideas on how to secure it tightly? I dont want to spend a 100 bucks on a fan that works fine but has a small plastic piece broken.

Thanks

I used a zip tie to keep the top of my fan from rubbing when the plastic tab broke.

Just have to think outside the box.

So its screwed in on top and last night I put a zip tie through a small hole i drilled on the bottom like you mentioned. But it still shakes and rattles pretty loud.

I guess I could try some really long metal ties (like a hose clamp but way larger) and run all the way around the fan and radiator.... If I can find something like that.

If it's shaking like that then I'm betting one of the blades is broke or cracked. Even with the tabs broke it still shouldn't shake. Vibrate maybe, but not shake.

Back