• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Cherokee Sport Drivers Front Door Wiring Harness

I think for an '00 XJ with power windows, door locks, and mirrors it is this one:
56009821AE

But my parts catalogs are a little confusing to understand when it comes to these.
So I am not 100% sure that is the right part number.

I show 56009824AE(AC).

Out of my '00 Parts Catalog

2 WIRING, Door
56009 819AB 1 Base Model, Left Door
56009 820AE 1 J, T w/Power Mirrors, Left Door
56009 821AE 1 J, T w/Power Locks, Left Door
56009 823AE 1 B, U w/Power Locks, Left Door
56009 824AE 1 B, U w/Power Mirrors, Left Door
56009 826AB 1 Base Model, Right Door
56009 827AE 1 J, T w/Power Mirrors, Right Door
56009 828AE 1 J, T w/Power Locks, Right Door
56009 830AE 1 B, U w/Power Locks, Right Door
56009 831AE 1 B, U w/Power Mirrors, Right Door

J=LHD (4WD)
U=RHD (4WD)
T=LHD (2WD)
B=RHD (2WD)

I cannot seem to find a part number for this. Any help is appreciated.

Are you expecting to buy a new one? Good luck with that.
Or are you having issues with the wires breaking?
It is common to have to repair and/or replace some of the wiring going through the doors. The wires flex, when the door is opened and closed and eventually break.

I use voltmeter test lead wiring to replace the damaged wires, it's designed for flexing without breaking.

Thank you all so much. I've been lurking around this place for a long time and usually find what I am looking for!

After a ton of searching I decided to put on my reading glasses and rewire the existing harness with some really good multi strand wire I had from another project. It took about two hours. Ill install it tomorrow in the daylight.

I love my two XJs and always seem to do what I need to to keep them running well thanks to this forum!

Thank you all so much. I've been lurking around this place for a long time and usually find what I am looking for!

After a ton of searching I decided to put on my reading glasses and rewire the existing harness with some really good multi strand wire I had from another project. It took about two hours. Ill install it tomorrow in the daylight.

I love my two XJs and always seem to do what I need to to keep them running well thanks to this forum!

I know that this thread is a few months old, but nice work on the harness repair! I am in a similar situation, looking for PN 56009821AE, but I'll likely repair my harness instead.

You rewired your harness - did you remove all of the pins/wires from each connector, and rebuild completely? Or, did you simply repair/splice the broken wires? If you rebuilt completely, I'd love to hear more about your process. Cheers.

I just spliced in some repairs and then brought home 2 spares from the junkyard. The all seem to break wires at or very near the rubber boot in the hinge area.

Back