• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cruise control

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 88 xj that has cruise control but it does not work. if i turn it on there is no light(but i'm not sure if there even should be for this year?) and the only thing it does do is if i turn it on while driving and hold the accel slider the vehicle does accelerate but if i let go of it it stops accelerating. other than that everything else on the cruise control doesn't work. also a side note... i removed the nuetral safety switch a long time ago because it was acting up and i couldn't find any info on fixing it cause all the info i found on this site was for the newer style switch under the hood and i have the old style switch under the dash. any ideas?

mave sur you dont have any vacuum leaks in the plastic lines, aepecially under the battery. if you have never replaced the switch, it is probably bad by now. there is also a vacuum switch above the brake pedal. make sure it is pushed in against the pedal arm

x2 check for leaks in the vac. lines from the little vac. bottle inside the bumper. I got some new lines from Auto Zone and replaced it all the way to the actuator. I also replaced the vac. bottle itself. Also, I've found that my cruise won't come on if my windshield wipers are on, I've got to turn them off first. Good Luck!

Back