• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Disc Brake Hardware (from ZJ for drum-disc conversion)

LocoJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I have the rear disc brake setup from a ZJ. Good for conversion of an XJ/MJ Dana 44 or a Dana 35 axle from drums to disc brakes. The axle tube bolt pattern has been welded by a local machine shop and is ready to be drilled to fit your axle tubes.

You will need to supply your own rotors and pads. The emergency brake hardware is included as well.

$100 located in Lancaster, PA (near Costco). I will ship at your expense (probably around $30).

Piccy

Also, if you want I have a ZJ brake proportioning valve I can throw in along with it.

- Ben

so this is everything minus the pads and rotors ?
just have to drill what?

JeepinCoastie said:
so this is everything minus the pads and rotors ?
just have to drill what?

Yes. Pads, rotors, and I think you have to use a TJ axle seal or something like that --> http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/BAzjRearDiscsOnXJ/ZJrearDiscsOnXJ.htm

It's not a "bolt-on" but its as close to what you can get without spending $500+.

You would have to drill the caliper mounting bracket to fit the bolt pattern of your axle tubes.

Hope this answers your questions.

God Bless,

Ben

what i really need to look into is if I can get these on the 8.25
but VERY interested ...

will be in Wallingford PA on Tues... bout an 1.5 hours (Google maps time) from Lancaster ...
Maybe meet up?

Last edited:
JeepinCoastie said:
what i really need to look into is if I can get these on the 8.25
but VERY interested ...

will be in Wallingford PA on Tues... bout an 1.5 hours (Google maps time) from Lancaster ...
Maybe meet up?

According to this (http://home.swbell.net/rriojas3/reardisk.html) it does look like that's one of the "make it work" options (35 and 44 were the only ones I was sure of).

If I wasn't working two jobs, i'd be up for meeting you somewhere. However with my only free day being sunday ... i would have to ask you to come to Lancaster or we go the UPS route.

Let me know I answered your questions.

God Bless,

Ben

I will send you money tomorrow ...
Paypal???

I'll just have u ship it to my bros
thanks

Back