• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

color of paint for silver bumper caps?

I gave up- my web search and my check with the automootive paint sellers could not produce a paint code for the argent (silver) trim on my 1990 xj. I painted my flares, bumper end caps and body-side cladding to match the rest of the body (all white in my case). I think it looks good in white, might not be so good in other colours.
I did my repaint with Dupont Nason basecoat-clearcoat. This paint does not require a flex additive (according to the seller and Dupont) for use on plastic parts.......but my paint cracked a bit where I bent an end cap putting it back on. Shouldn't be any problem, though.
I scrubbed the parts with Dutch cleanser, fine sanded the plastic parts (NOT through the paint already on them!), and primed with a spray can of flexible trim and bumper primer, then sprayed two coats basecoat and two coats clearcoat.

Back