• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing dash center air duct?

snail

NAXJA Forum User
this is on a 97. im planning on mounting my scanner at the top of the stack above the radio, but will need to remove the vent ducts that are there. anyone done this? and whats the best way to go about it?

i thought i saw something like this posted awhile ago pertaining to putting in a CB or something, but couldnt find it.

just looking for some advice before i go tearing into the dash to see if itll work

If you're just asking how to remove the center vents on a 97+, then that's easy. Grab the trim plate just below the lighter plug area and pull outward. The whole trim plate will start popping out all the way up to just above those vents. The vents come with the trim, then you can pop them out once the trim is out of the car.

I've never mounted anything there, so I have no knowledge of how to do that.

I don't think you can just yank the center duct itself. The dash vents are connected so when air is directed to them it flows out the center and side vents. The link below is a writeup of someone swapping out the evap on their 98. It has some great shots of the hvac box and ducts behind the dash.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592844

Back