• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Top of the world.

REWSTER

BACON!
NAXJA Member
Anyone doing TOTW other than the Saturday official trail.
I'd like to tag along with a group if it matches up with all the other stuff we have planned. That's one on my bucket list.

I am leading the official run, so I won't do it twice. But it is not that difficult to do on your own if you want to do so. The hardest part for me each time is just making the right turns after you leave the highway at the bridge.

Rew I'll do it with you.

mac 'usually do the crack on Saturday' gyvr

Maybe Wednesday. My kid said he wanted to do it on his birthday. We can go later in the day too so no one misses their naxja trail runs.

Or we could just go later because you want to sleep in ;)

We'd want to be back at a decent time, because the show and shine is Wednesday evening and the MWC bod will be getting ready for it with dinner and set up and such.

mac 'I didn't have a Wednesday trail picked just yet' gyvr

We're in. I think the views from up there rival anything else on the planet.

Awesome. Wednesday it is well figure out a time to leave around beers at the campground.

Awesome. Wednesday it is well figure out a time to leave around beers at the campground.

The show and shine starts at 530pm on Wednesday and the MWC BOD needs to be there at 430pm.

mac 'don't you read your emails? :)' gyvr

It's not a challenging trail, nice scenic drive along the CO river then a bit of gravel road to the trail, as long as we leave before 10 should be plenty of time to be amazed at the views and still get back to the KOA by 3 or so

Official trail list states this is difficult/6.
Is there by-passes?
I watched a video on it. Seems pretty knarly unless there are by-pass they don’t show.

Their ratings are pretty conservative. When you get to the 7s, it can get a little challenging for a stock XJ with skid plates, rock rails and sway bar discos.

From what I remember of the trail is it is pretty tame, only one "difficult" part.
I slept in the back of my Jeep terribly hung over while Lar drove up it lat time we went.

I'm interested in this. It's one I wanted to do but I have to leave Saturday morning so this works.

Back