• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4.0, Automatic 264k miles - $1200 OBO

X-Earth05

NAXJA Forum User
Had the thing for a little over 2 years now, its been fun but I really don’t have the much spare time for it so it just sits around and I’ve decided to get rid of it. I was told by the guy I bought it from that the engine was rebuilt at some point but I can’t be sure. It runs and drives fine. I have the title and it is streetable, I’ve driven it to Redbird a few times with no issues but its really more suited as a trail rig.

The Good:

3 90%+ 31” Goodyear MTRs
1 Like new 31” Treadwright Gaurd Dog MT - similar pattern but not identical to the MTRS
1 BFG AT 31” spare

-3.5” lift - Rusty’s full leaf packs in rear, Longer coil springs (from a Mercury Cougar) up front with longer control arms from a ZJ rear (they aren’t any stronger than stock but they are the same length as aftermarket arms). It rides pretty nice and there is no death wobble.

-Rough country quick disconnect sway bar links

-CB wired in but the antenna broke off and will need to be replaced.

-I replaced the brake rotors, pads and front u-joints when I bought it so they should all be in good shape.

-Newer muffler

-Front and rear 2” receivers for recovery.

-I’ve overhauled the coolant system but I think there is a small leak somewhere because if it sits for months I have to add coolant and bleed the system. I’ve replaced the following:
Fan clutch
Radiator,
Water pump
Head gasket
Lower rad hose

-The AC compressor has been removed and the alternator has been relocated to the top to keep it out the mud.

-Comes with a spare set of rear glass

The Bad:

-Cosmetically the body is pretty terrible, rockers and rear lower quarters are shot. The frame rails themselves are still solid.

-Neither rear door works from the outside

-Cracked windsheild

-Gas tank has a leak if you fill it more than half way. I have a replacement one with straps that comes with it.

-One of the rear upper shock mount weld nuts is stripped.

-Neutral safety switch has been bypassed.

-Carpet in the rear drive side had a quart of oil leak onto it.

-Rear Passenger tail light is cracked.

-Both rear view mirrors are broken.

-The passenger side window falls off the track if it is rolled all the way down so there is a block of wood preventing it from rolling all the way down.

-Passenger side rear blinker wiring has some issues, it stays solid and doesn’t blink. I never looked into it so I have no idea why.

-Passenger side rear bumper mount is broken so it's hanging on by the drives side only.

-Slow power steering leak

-Oil pressure gauge just went out

-It looks like a bunch of idiots got drunk and just started spray painting it because they thought it would be funny.

May consider swapping just the wheels & tires for the right price.

Maybe interested in trading for/towards: plasma cutter, tube bender, chop saw, air compressor, 2.5x14 Reservoir shocks, Nitrogen bottle and regulator for shock refilling, Gooseneck 2 or 3 car trailer, Rigid or Vision X LED light bar, firearms, 5-point racing seats, go kart(s) etc.

2012-08-12_18-02-31_916.jpg

2012-08-12_18-02-56_403.jpg

2012-08-12_18-03-17_897.jpg

2012-08-12_18-03-38_692.jpg

If someone wants more info or pictures send me a PM. It's located in Lafayette, IN. Feel free to make me an offer.

Last edited:
I can vouch for it running well. Its rough on the outside but solid where it counts. GLWS dude!

Back