• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Again.....what is a "REAL XJ"?

:eek::eek:

I would not have thought that engine would stand a chance with a sniffer test.

Awesome.

I am going to have give more serious thought to one of Russ's strokers.

my stroker was specifically built to ace smog, this was at less than 300 miles on the clock, 4.7L of smog compliance
Xhthljs.jpg

my stroker was specifically built to ace smog, this was at less than 300 miles on the clock, 4.7L of smog compliance
Xhthljs.jpg

That sheet clearly states 4.0L

You just said it all. We're supposed to add to this? :cool: :confused: :cool:

Well, I will add one thought: a REAL XJ has an American Motors-designed I-4 or I-6 engine -- not a Chevy 350 (or any other) V-8, with the possible exception of the AMC V-8s that most of you youngsters don't even know about.

ahh, I would disagree on that one.
The pre '96 were an amalgamation of AMC and GM parts -- they sourced a TON of parts from GM (off the top of my head, ignition, door locks, HVAC controls, etc.). The early Cherokees were more GM than Chrysler.

so... I do consider my Cherokee a "real" Cherokee...
1rdjmd.jpg

xpoffq.jpg

2h3ygxs.jpg

ab4ktt.jpg

That is ... hideous.. Totally missing the "P" on Jeep! Ew

And it has the wrong size rims... Should be a minimum of 20" with low pro mudders:gee:

yeah, I just got around to buying a "p". maybe it will be less hideous then.

Anyway, jeeps are made, not bought. So, IMHO, the more personalized the jeep is (not just huge tires/motor/etc) the more a "Real" jeep it is.

nah.. it'd be a fake if it DID work.

Meh, the rear wiper on my 90 still works, as do the power windows, door locks and rear defroster, not well but they do work. :)

ad52c23c46da8927f59badde5986b91f.jpg

That's a real XJ. 230k on the odometer, for the most part stock and wheels almost on a daily basis. AC and heater work fine.

Back