• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's wreck is this?

Dibs on the seats.

planefixer said:
I'm pretty sure that's Joe's (devilinside13) old rig.He sold it and moved away for a better job opportunity.

That would help explain the temp tag in the window below the sticker.

philip: I'm sure it's far from repairable - that's why that rig is at Klode's. Insurance totaled it because the air bags deployed and from the looks of it, the unibody took a hard front hit.

I'm gonna be keeping an eye on it for the auction date...... A similar rig went for just a tad over $3K a few weeks ago though..... ouch.

YELLAHEEP said:
philip: I'm sure it's far from repairable - that's why that rig is at Klode's. Insurance totaled it because the air bags deployed and from the looks of it, the unibody took a hard front hit.
Never know, doesn't take much to total a $5000 vehicle. The insurance has to buy the airbags new for probably 2-3k and I can get them used online for a few hundred, then figure in new panels and paint and labor and you're at the value of the rig.
If you get in it at a good price I'd seriously consider it as a rebuilder, give me a crack at it.
Even a little janky, it's better than my ride.

anyway, I'm just dumb enough to try it :D

Last edited:
Frank Z said:
Too much effort just to get some doors. Think I'll steal some...I know a guy with an XJ Salvage operation.....just gotta figure out when he's not home.:pirate1:

LOL - yeah, but I hear he's got lots of cop friends. :D

And the "no title" status is what it's current status is. One way or another, it'll either be sold with a "clear title" or "salvage title" - they can't sell it until they get that settled. The only other way is to declare it completely un-repairable and then it'll be "BOS no title".... bill of sale for parts only. It won't be scheduled for auction until it gets one of those three determinations.

I've looked over tons of XJ wrecks at Klode's and this one I can guarantee that the unibody is bent pretty badly just by looking at the impact damage. It's fubar.

But hey, it's good to know that if I buy it at auction, I'll have a line of folks wanting to help strip it down! :D

Last edited:
planefixer said:
It's possible that the rig has F & R D44s-I can't remember for sure though.:dunno:

Nah, look at the pics. Rear D44 possibly, but no D44 front hubs, 5 lug pattern.

planefixer said:
I might be a Rubicon 44 in front- Joe did work at the dealership.

Ok, now you're just being a tease....... :looney:

Definitely gonna keep my eye on this one.

Back