• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Brakes = Suck

MongoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So a totaly wild plea for possible help. I mentioned this in the Calico thread but it was suggested I make a new thread so more people might see it. I live in the San Diego area and today on the way to the store my wheel brake cylinder went out and dumped all my brake fluid. Normaly I can go to a friends house and use their tools/level ground. But unfortunatly I can't exactly drive over there with no brakes.

I do have some tools but I am lacking the flare wrench/tube for bleeding the brakes and the ability to get around to the store/level ground to jack up the truck on. So is there any totaly random chance that someone has a trailer and would be willing to help me out with this? I know this is a serious long shot but just thought I'd check. Otherwise I will wait a couple days till I can borrow a car to get around and attempt to limp the jeep somewhere I can work.

Never mind :) I managed to get my insurance company to tow me from my home to a nother friends home where I have more tools and level ground, and they are doing it for free.

Sweet, tell them to tow my red jeep there too. I'll even let them put in a new head gasket for me. Boy oh boy, I can't wait to be driving on 6 cylinders again.....:laugh:

Back