• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

airbag light

rngrfrd2000

NAXJA Forum User
the check engine and airbag lights keep coming on together in my 2001 xj. the other day both lights were on and then in the odometer spot it lit up NO ?US... I don't know what the third letter was because it came and went so fast. any ideas?

check engine light or check gauges light? prob the chack gauge light. the connector behind the instrument cluster on the right sibe is bad and the cluster cannot recieve messages from other controllers, thats why you get the no bus message in the odometer. buy a new connector from the dealer and make sure you solder the new wiring one wire at a time,to the original harness, or you will be doing it again eventually. on the new connector some of the wire colors are different but just solder the ones from the correct corresponding spot. it was a common problem so any jeep dealer should know which part you are talking about

or just take the dash out, and use contact cleaner on the plug. I did that and it has been fine for over a year

if you remove the cluster, youmway as well fix it correctly the first time so you wont have to do it again later, the parts are only about $20. and you wont have to remove the cluster another time when it can be at a less convient time

Back