• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Rigs

They are not 3/8 thats for sure!! Came with the jeep and didnt have 3 legs or Pinch seam bar? You know what I mean.. They are tucked in a bit too far as well so I guess we should just start from scratch and build new ones. Jorji hasn't welded yet so what better excuse to learn..

Looks pretty thin to smash in like that. .188" or 3/16" wall seems to be the magic number for any tube that will contact rocks.

the rails i built for my green heep have .188 walls & are dented all to hell.
i think my driving "style" requires 1/4" wall! :doh:

the rails i built for my green heep have .188 walls & are dented all to hell.
i think my driving "style" requires 1/4" wall! :doh:

damn.
just made my cross member out of .188 wall. I hope it holds up...I can always plate it I guess.

Hello everyone... how's y'all doing on this great day...is it time to go wheeling.. well since i am new to this forum I figure I would tell a bit.

As the pics show, ya picked up a 96 ZJ for the wifiy, as you can see we have 4 boys, no the ZU just can't hold all of us to go wheeling.

the ZJ
4 ; rough county x flex
cheater pucks lol 1.5
rack lights
fully loaded for mama to wheel.
all stock running gear nothing fancy
5.2 under the hood aw ya hp hp hp

see ya for now, we are looking forward to hitting the trails with others around the greater sac or surrounding areas..

Chris

I finally joined after a long time. Some you already know me. Here's my junk. Hopefully it will get painted (rattle can), new front axles, homemade bumpers this winter.

20131018_141442.jpg

welcome aboard Mike!

I finally joined after a long time. Some you already know me. Here's my junk. Hopefully it will get painted (rattle can), new front axles, homemade bumpers this winter.

20131018_141442.jpg

getting it ready for germany.

Yup. Covered up that rock damage real nice.

1988 Pioneer, 4.0, AW4, Np231, Dana 30 Vac disco, Dana 44, Rough Country 4.5" lift, 31" Hercules trail digger M/T's, C101 delete, Open cooling conversion, and stage 2 JCR rock sliders.

IMG_0348_zpscad71fef.jpg

IMG_0350_zps8e8a4408.jpg

IMG_1263_zps5c7005d5.jpg

Welcome JeepinSeal. Very capable rig how long have you had it?

Welcome JeepinSeal. Very capable rig how long have you had it?

Thanks! I've had it for about two and a half years now. I built it up from stock, and it's still got a ways to go. Not bad for a $500 Jeep!

Guess I'll post up mine "mean green"
IMG_20140319_193806.jpg~320x480

Thanks, I've been wheel in it for the past 6 years, its been through a few suspensions, its also the dd so I try to keep it as straight as possible..sometimes easier said than done.

Here's my girl.. She's a 98.

zn3j.jpg

The goods
National 4.5" 11 leaf pack
JKS Shackles
4.5" Coils
Upper and lower control arms with johnny joints
HD Tie rod
4.11 gears
lunchbox in the front
LSD in the rear
32" BFG's
SS Brake lines
I'm sure there's a few other things I'm leaving out..

Last edited:
Back