• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Needing To Replace My Leaky Fuel Injectors

AngryDog

NAXJA Forum User
My Brother Just Gave To Me 6 Factory Mopar Fuel Injectors Out Of A 91 Cherokee. Orange/brown Top Siemens #33007127 They Flow 21lbs @ 39psi. They Are Only About 2 Months Old. Will These Work In My Leaky 89 Xj 4.0 I6? Will I See An Improvement? Obviously Other Than They Won't Be Leaky?

while you have the fuel rail off, id replace the o rings on all the new injectors (6 bucks for the entire set from autozone) theres 2 o rings on each injector, then theres one where the fuel rail meets the fuel pressure regulator at the front of the rail. if you dont do this now, you will sooner or later...might as well do it all now while its all apart. trust me. dont ask me how i know.

AngryDog said:
My Brother Just Gave To Me 6 Factory Mopar Fuel Injectors Out Of A 91 Cherokee. Orange/brown Top Siemens #33007127 They Flow 21lbs @ 39psi. They Are Only About 2 Months Old. Will These Work In My Leaky 89 Xj 4.0 I6? Will I See An Improvement? Obviously Other Than They Won't Be Leaky?

Yeah, they'll work. Don't put off the repair too long, plenty of rigs have caught fire and burned due to leaky injectors.

Increase in power??????????? Not without other mods... Don't forget the O2 sensor will monitor the mixture and adjust your pulse width anyway. Be carefull not to get to big on the injectors cause when you disconnect the battery the injectors pulse width resets to what the normal flow should be and is because it too much compared to stock it may not run very well at least untill "closed loop' is reached and the O2 can lean her out. Don't forget NEW O RINGS EVERYTIME THEY ARE REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG, BIG FLAMES................

no your stock ones (renix injection sys pre 91) were 18.6 lbs rated. you will run too rich. get some ford 5.0 19 lb take offs for an acceptable cheap upgrade. Your engine is not set up w/o many mods to use 21 lbs. Greg

Last edited:
I bought a set of 19 lbs injectors off ebay for $ 50.00. That was for the whole set. They want around $70.00 a piece for stock jeep injectors at the local auto parts store.

try here www.fiveomotorsports.com
here's the phone # 562-867-4999
[email protected]
cheapest place Ive found for injectors
they came with the o-rings too

Last edited:
Back