• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going to kill my 4.0 with these e-fans

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Wired them all up seperate none of them into the factory temp switch .I got into the habit of keeping them off to warm it up faster well the last 4x I got side tracked playing with my tow rig and turned around to see coolant steaming out if the engine bay after blowing off the overflow bottles cap . For now on no more keeping them off to warm it up unless staying in the driver seat
It's amazing how durable the stock 4.0 is by now a modern engine would have warped a head but it hasn't effected this thing at all . I spent an hour After taking snow and shoveling the dirt to bag and toss the snow and dirt coolant got into ... Don't want to be paying for a new well.

On my buggy, my e-fan (onlyfan) relay is ground switched and I added a parallel contact with a thermal switch in the radiator. 1/4” NPT. I think it was $50 or less from Summit and pulls the e-fan on when the radiator coolant starts getting hot. May be a nice backup if you have a threaded bung available.

On my buggy, my e-fan (onlyfan) relay is ground switched and I added a parallel contact with a thermal switch in the radiator. 1/4” NPT. I think it was $50 or less from Summit and pulls the e-fan on when the radiator coolant starts getting hot. May be a nice backup if you have a threaded bung available.

Yep the radiator and fan set up came with the thermal switches to set them up that way I just decided to wire all 3 to switches ... I'm probably going to use it now because it's pretty easy to forget and turn around to a boiling kettle .

Back