• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Driver door latch, tailgate w/ latch for 89 XJ

One_Sick_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, I am looking for parts for my 89 XJ. I need the following:

1. Driver's Side Door Latch Assembly that works with the power locks

2. Tailgate with working latch assembly (I don't need the rear glass or interior panel, but if it comes with them, that's fine)

3. Breather Hose Grommet (for breather hose located at the front of the valve cover, if someone has a spare one laying around and is feeling generous that would be much appreciated or if you can give me a place and part # to get one from that would be great as well!)

4. Air or electric locker for rear factory axle (I believe it's a Dana 35)

Please feel free post up any offers here or PM me. Thanks in advance! :cheers:

welcome to the site, cant help on the parts front (valve cover ccv stuff = napa, about $40 for it ALL).

as far as the d35, please dont put ANY money into it, it's so weak that the $500+ you'll spend putting in a higher end locker (air or electronic lockers = $money$) will burn you once it breaks into peices. YES, some people run it fine, but why? a new 8.25 or d44 will be much stronger, and only add $~130 to the budget.

the dana 35 isnt a terrible axle but i wouldnt put a dime in it! it will eventually break! you can grab a 8.25 or a d44 and they both bolt right in! when i blew my d35 i tossed a d44 in its place and used the same drive shaft.

heres my old d35 gear set :firedevil
DSCN0573.jpg

Thanks for the advice guys! I will be sure to keep that in mind.

Back