• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Rubicon trip pics

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Cool pics Richard, that was a great trip. A matter of fact, I'm heading back up there on Sunday to run the trail for a few days. Much fun!

Jes

BTW, to those that don't make it over to SC, here's my pics...
Rubicon Pics.

Rubicon??.....never thought I would see it!!.....or get the chance to drive it!!.....better yet, in someone else's vehicle!!

"XJGrl"

100_0265.jpg

YES, and she has really nice hands!

Hmmmm....I don't get the really nice hands comment.....

They told me I had to do it to "fit in".....pirate salute apparently.

More rubicon pics at www.filebox.vt.edu/users/cbradfor under the "road trip 2003" folder.

M

Hell yeah Em, Get some is all I have to say. Did you drive the Box? That's what I want to see pics of.

Sean

Haha.....no....we saw the crazy asses running the box....that is my friend matt's rig.....he bought it from Glenn (a pirate).....he has yet to take it up sleuce.....and I don't think he would have given little ol' me that pleasure :)
Sorry to have changed this thread.....had to show my funny picture tho:)
JNJ- nice to hear from you! The trip was only a month....saw everything from St.Louis to Montana to Washington to CA to Vegas to Moab....and beyond.....Haven't been around MAJ much, and don't read the boards at all if you havent noticed!!.....so, how are you!!?? Loving Texas?? Jeep has been giving me HELL....really thought about selling it 2 weeks ago.....have gotten to that point where my steering and control arms could use some major tweaking.....got it set-up ok for now....doesnt wobble on the road anymore thank goodness.....had some wild rides down I95 !!!
..........................haven't really had my Jeep out on the trail in about a year!!..................sort of embarassing, but I aint got no money to do anymore to it....or to fix what breaks....new car should be coming soon....once I start working in D.C......then Jeep is gonna get the beating of it's life....(pent up aggressions)

Good to hear from you guys!!

Em

"Only a month" haha you'll know how long that really is when ya join the work force. :) Sounds like a great trip. I still visit MAJ often, dont post as much, lot of new people I don't know. We are all doing good, texas is HOT, but it's alright. I retire from the Army this month, gotta find a real job now. Hope you get your Jeep problems figured out, it can be a real PITA. Sounds like your in that magic lift area where some custom steering and arms are needed. I just finished my longarms, rids great on the highway, not ready for the trail yet. Red has been down since Oct of last year. Going through a transformation.
Get that thing out to Big Dogs! :)

Rubicon

I am thinking of coming down for the Rubicon next year. Looking at your pictures, I have some doubts how mine would do, considering its relatively light modifications. Your thoughts please, considering that its a 1000 mile drive home afterwards. Thanks.

Re: Rubicon

Dawg Cherokee said:
I am thinking of coming down for the Rubicon next year. Looking at your pictures, I have some doubts how mine would do, considering its relatively light modifications. Your thoughts please, considering that its a 1000 mile drive home afterwards. Thanks.

Well, Ben, how can we know how you'll do if we don't know how you're equipped? :)

Minimum equipment for the 'Con should be 3" lift, one locker, 31" tires, and rock rails. You should be able to run the trail with a minimum of difficulty with that equipment if you don't take the hard lines.

...Although short arms and a auto tranny will severely handicap you, as we've recently seen. :D

Goatman: As my post said: 4" lift w/ 31" T/As; Tru-Tracs front and rear; Warn x8000i on an Olympic bumper; Olympic dual tube rock rails; skid plates; custom paint just below the "custom" 1/4 panel dent; JKS disconnects.

Sorry, Ben. Yup, it was right there. I guess I've gotten in the habit of ignoring sig lines...... :) :)

Yes, you should do fine on the Rubicon. Like on any rock trail, it's possible to get hung up, and it's possible to do a little body damage.

If you go next summer, maybe I'll see you. We could be doing another NAXJA week long trip.

That would be great. Please let me know when you have some idea about the dates.

Ben

We run the 'Con or other great local trails everyother weekend, so post some dates on the Sierra Chapter (weekends will get a lot more attendance) and we'll give you the nickel tour of the place!

CRASH

P.S. I ran the 'Con for three years ('94, '95, '96) with 31" tires, a rear detroit, and a 3" rancho lift.

Back