• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep (liberty) Recovery

Blazair

NAXJA Forum User
That must have cost the guy a few bills

thats pretty impressive! You would have thought the owner could have called a friend with a 4x4 to drag him back up to the trail (before the jeep was vandalized)

Since it was a 2WD Liberty, he didn't have any friends with real 4x4 Jeeps... :D

I guess reverse didn't work either?

Shouldn't go alone.

Damn thiefs that took this guys stuff are worse then him going alone...

I hate thiefs!

Am I just a dweeb, or wouldn't it have made sense to call a buddy and borrow some wheels for the extraction? hell, 4 stockers at a bone yard would have only run $100.

your just a dweeb Mike,

My gosh its just a liberty I would have torched it then claimed it on the ins as a theft ( plausable story seeing how all of the wheels were gone) before I would have paid for a helo extraction.

Reminds me of the Xterra that we saw last time we were out in the Rubi in Red Rock. Someone drove it up into the middle of the trail on the top of the mountain, looks like they flipped it, then stripped the parts and torched it. It was a hot mess.

Reminds me of the Xterra that we saw last time we were out in the Rubi in Red Rock. Someone drove it up into the middle of the trail on the top of the mountain, looks like they flipped it, then stripped the parts and torched it. It was a hot mess.

like the burned up integra way out in the dirt out at JV? :D

Desert Valley Towing sponsors Hobie for his KOH racing and his rock crawling F Toy. Interesting....

I know a guy who hadto hire a plane to help him find his rig once (broke down in the sand dunes and couldn't find where he hadto leave it!)

That's crazy

I'd have at least tried to drive it out it doesn't look like such a bad area. Not like the 2wd tacoma we found in the wash during some play time in the snow a few years ago that dude was stuck took 2 xj's and a winch to drag him out

Back