• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedo issue np242

Stockton

NAXJA Forum User
I went to swap out my 34 speedo gear for a 31 as I have a 5.5 inch lift and 33s. I know, I need to re-gear to 4.56. My problem is that once I pulled my 34 out and put on the 31, buttoned everything up and hooked up the sensor...speedometer doesn't work at all now. Then when I went to take it out to re-seat it, ATF went pouring out of the speedo gear hole like I have an endless supply. Anyone else have this issue? Also, could you please attach pictures of your speed sensor in the bell housing? I forgot to make note of this when ripping it all apart and can't recall the exact orientation of the sensor. :bawl:Thanks.

You need to clock the speed sensor. In other word's loosen the 1/2" bolt enough to turn the complete sensor to the next set of notches. Did the same thing 2 days ago.

Yep. I read it somewhere. I think it was on the thing the speedo gear came in from the dealership.

There are two marks on the housing. The bracket that you tighten will only fit it one of two places. You'll see it drop into the groves as you rotate the speedo gear.

I remember now, there is an ONLINE HOW TO on the speedo gear. Search the Internet and you'll find that article. That is what I used.

Back