• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Northwest Fest 2005 Naches WA

Northwest Fest Date

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XJourney

NAXJA Forum User
Well boy and girls the time has come we need to start thinking about Northwest Fest 2005. As the guys that have been wheeling with me know that ALL I can talk about is Northwest Fest. This is our biggest/best event that the Northwest Chapter does.

The first thing we need to do is pick a date. July is the month that works best for Naches, Pass is open and the fire danger isn't high yet. PNW4WDA has their HUGE trail jamboree July 7-10th. So we can take advantage of them clearing the trails for us and have our event in the weekends following.
That leaves July 16/17, 23/24, and 30/31. I am not sure about July 30/31 Probably hotter, more fire danger, and I have a wedding that weekend :rattle: that I can't get out of.

So get your input in and vote a weekend for NWfest.

More planning to come soon.

Thanks
Hans

Sorry for the Stupid questions. Never been to Naches. Is this an event for camping or is there a hotel/motel that we would attack?

Are there going to be higher requirements than our monthly get togethers? Will the stock XJ's be able to play?

Thanks
Jason

Last edited:
A camping weekend, there is a motel; Whistlin Jacks in Cliffdell ,thats 6 miles from the Kaner Flat Campground where we staged last years event.
Yes, I did have trails and roads for stock rigs to run on.

Last edited:
and i hope you have plenty of money to stay in whistlin jacks.....place is pretty spendy

I am a cheap ars, but if it keeps my wife and family happy, it is done. I asked Danielle, she wants to go. Therefore, to be able to save up the most time at work and money. I will vote for the latest weekend available. But I really don't care what weekend it is.

Jason

I'd love to go, but don't know what my schedule will be that far ahead yet... (Navy keeping me busy and all.) so I can't vote for a certain weekend. If I'm around and can get away, I'll see what I can do. Sounds like a blast!

I plan on being there any weekend. Do not have a preference right now, but will check with the wife's calander also and then vote based on that.

There are lots of camping areas around there (we will probably pick one and try to get a bunch together or a group site I suspect this year). I plan on bringing my motorhome this year with the wife and kids (ages 2-8) and the jeep in tow (so that I can tow it home instead of limping all the way home this year).

Like Howard said, there will plenty of great trails for everything from stock jeeps to real rock buggies.

It should be a wonderful family atmosphere, lots of great wheeling, stories, campfire and food.

Can not wait!!
Michael

XJStorm said:
I'd love to go, but don't know what my schedule will be that far ahead yet... (Navy keeping me busy and all.) so I can't vote for a certain weekend. If I'm around and can get away, I'll see what I can do. Sounds like a blast!

I'm in the same boat...err...ummm Stryker.....(Pun intended) :wave:

Hopefully Uncle Sugar will let me make it...he has ruined most of my trips with the MWC.

John

Whistlin' Jack's isn't cheap for a few reasons. One they mostly rent fullsize cabin's. (from ~250 a night) Two, they don't have a huge draw of customers. And Three, when they do have a customer draw, it's a big one, and people are willing to pay.

I think one of their motel rooms is around 90 bucks a night. Summer weekends they fill up fast. They also have quite a few wedding's in the summer, so they get booked even faster. And the other guest will probably get pissed off if there are a lot of big loud Jeeps around. (My family frequents Whistlin' Jacks, and I know a few people that work there.)

There is quite a bit of Camping around the area. I believe Elk Louge has sites. I don't much about it though, they might have a few cabin's too.

If you really want to stay in a room that isn't going to cost you 200+ a night, you'll have to stay in Yakima. It's about 30-40 miles away, not a bad drive.

I don't really care which weekend, I think the earlier the better though. This year has been pretty dry, so the fire season will start very early.

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys. Hopefully, by that time I will have my new axles installed. (4.56's and lockers)

JMotorsprt said:
After talking to the wife, we have agreed to stay in yakima.

Is she just not into camping?

16-17 likely won't work for me... Another guy at work has that week off, so I may not be able to get the time off. I'll likely be able to get us some door prizes from the store though. :)

Anyone know how many watts a George Foreman sandwich maker draws? I wanna try out my inverter on the trail. (??)

We make gooood sammiches! :chef:

IIRC Dan Starc would be the man to ask he has a Foreman grill that he takes on the trail. Ask Willis he knows maore about it. Just buy like a 2500watt inverter and then you will be fine.

XJourney said:
IIRC Dan Starc would be the man to ask he has a Foreman grill that he takes on the trail. Ask Willis he knows maore about it. Just buy like a 2500watt inverter and then you will be fine.

Dan's running a Premier Power Welder and it was more than enough to run the Foreman Grill. I've got pics around here somewhere that I took the first time he did it. :) Whips out his flippin' cell phone and calls Pat Gremillion from upper 311 trail at Evans Creek. "Pat, will a George Foreman Grill work with your Power Welder?" The guy's awesome!

damn, was kinda hopin it'd be a lil earlier than mid month.....days i can get leave are prolly only the first 2 weeks of july, but i will see what i can do....i want to take my cj out for some GOOD wheelin, mebbe drag my brother along if thats alright with yall?

btw....i forgot that my grandma lives right up there....we mighta could use her yard for a campground, i'd have to ask perty nice tho....its funny when u see a lil 70 somethin old lady wheel a 47 willys;)

I will be in from Spokane. Plan to leave friday. Any one eles plan on going friday? Do not no where it is at out side of Yakima. Like to meet some one to follow up.

pretty easy....depending on which freeway you are taking......if you are takin i 82 thru the valley just follow the signs to chinook/white pass, then just continue going straight, dont hang the left at the y where white pass is, just keep going straight up chinook, the campground will be on your left, as will all the other lil places up there to stay....

Back