• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Problems

scottsxj

NAXJA Forum User
The other day i bought a new rear door to replace the old one that had been in a wreck. The guy at the junk yard told me that the parts inside the door that roll the window down are interchangable, so it would be possible to switch from an electric window to a manual window. BUt i can not figure out how to get the mechanism out. There are the fasteners on there that hold it to the door that i cant figure out how to undo. If anyone knows how to do this please fill me in. Thanks

Scott

I guess your asking about the rivets that hold the window motor. 1/4 drill bit and a drill worked for me.

thanks, but i took the dremel to them, now what would yall suggest that i use to reattach the window mechanism, just use some bolts or something else.

scottsxj said:
thanks, but i took the dremel to them, now what would yall suggest that i use to reattach the window mechanism, just use some bolts or something else.

Small 10 MM work well and you can find them all over the place.

Back