• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO- Clear Lake

IntrepidXJ

NAXJA Member #647
Clear Lake trail is a short trail that leads to a pretty cool alpine lake. This trail starts out along South Mineral Creek which is an area that contains a number of campsites both free and paid. This is where I usually end up camping when I head to the San Juans.

The whole trail basically consists of a bunch of switchbacks that lead up to the lake. Along the way there are some great views of Rolling Mountain and the Twin Sisters. Closer to the top you will come to a switchback where you can park and take a very short hike to a nice waterfall on Clear Creek. On you way up further you can look back down and see a number of the switchbacks below.

When we made it up to the lake, it was still iced over pretty good, but there were a number of people there fishing. I hear the fishing in this lake can be pretty good. This trail makes a nice quick trip for lunch or if you are short on time.

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

Attachments

• Clear_Lake.gpx
    19 KB · Views: 3
Back