• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO- Mount Princeton

IntrepidXJ

NAXJA Member #647
The Mount Princeton trail is a popular trail in the area because of it's easy access. While most of the trail is easy, the last shelf road at the top is a little narrow and off-camber in sections that might give trouble to anyone who is afraid of heights. This section of the road also has few places to pass other vehicles (as I found out when I had to backup a long ways on my way back down from the top), so keep watch for oncoming traffic.

When you reach the top of the trail, you are greeted with great views of Mount Antero across the valley. There is a hiking trail from the parking area at the end of the trail that leads to the top of Mount Princeton, which has an elevation of 14,197 feet. The parking area is just above 12,000 feet. If you are not up for the strenuous hike to the top of Mount Princeton, there is a shorter hike that takes you to the Bristlecone Park USFS Chalet. This chalet is open to the public to stay in, as long as you leave it better than you found it.

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

Attachments

• Mount_Princeton.gpx
    26.1 KB · Views: 5
Nice pictures Randy!!!! The wife and I just climbed Mount Princeton and Tigger Peak today. The second picture you posted has Mount Antero in the background and the third picture you posted is actually Tigger Peak (13,300 feet). The summit to Mount Princeton can not be seen from the Chalet.

Back