• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thick gears and normal gears?

bluejeepkid

NAXJA Forum User
what is the difference?? and also, do you need a "thin" carrier to run "thick" gears? or will a standard carrier work??
yes i searched...

I think this only relates to the D44's in the JK's.

-Alex

nope. thick gears can be used on a stock carrier such as a 3.55 carrier. "thin" gears are used on a carrier for higher gears( or lower i always mix that up) so basically if you want to use your stock carrier buy thick gears and if you buy a new carrier or a full case locker get the thin gears.

nope. thick gears can be used on a stock carrier such as a 3.55 carrier. "thin" gears are used on a carrier for higher gears( or lower i always mix that up) so basically if you want to use your stock carrier buy thick gears and if you buy a new carrier or a full case locker get the thin gears.

Correct.

To reuse stock carriers, people sometimes get "thick gears" when they purchase deeper gear sets (numerically higher).

The JK D44's are a "thick gear" though, but that doesn't really apply here because the JK44 is not interchangeable.

Correct.

To reuse stock carriers, people sometimes get "thick gears" when they purchase deeper gear sets (numerically higher).

The JK D44's are a "thick gear" though, but that doesn't really apply here because the JK44 is not interchangeable.

thanx so much, i appreciate the responses

Back