• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 Wiring Harness Question

87warrior

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at picking up a wrecked '99 Sport. The owner says it needs a new wiring harness from the engine to the PCM. Is this possible to do on an OBDII XJ? I have always been under the impression that the engine/interior harness was one in the same on these newer rigs.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me? :dunno:

I am looking at picking up a wrecked '99 Sport. The owner says it needs a new wiring harness from the engine to the PCM. Is this possible to do on an OBDII XJ? I have always been under the impression that the engine/interior harness was one in the same on these newer rigs.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me? :dunno:
Very possible in fact. The engine harness does go inside at several locations but it unplugs at each of them. It's actually not too bad of a swap, I wouldn't hesitate as long as you can find an engine harness. Hope this helps.
-Collin

Thanks for the help Collin. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I suspect it needs a new harness because it was hit in the driver front pulling the harness to the PCM apart. I think I am going to jump on this :)

Back