• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy build-The Family Truckster

Did some more work on the cage, welded up the bottom of everything then dropped the cage down to weld up the tops. Such a time consuming process, my out of position welding needs dome work too. Its getting closer, step by step.

Upgraded my cordless tool from some 15 year old DeWalt 18V stuff to the new Milwaukee Fuel. Holy shit these are nice. I have the Drill, 1/4" Hex impact, 1/2" drive mid torque impact, grinder and sawzall. I highly recommend these tools. I should have upgraded sooner.

4DqcsXf.jpg

6w46Nyr.jpg

SicKHmw.jpg

Cage looks good. Are you going to be putting the head liner back in?

Thank you. No, the factory headliner will not fit anymore. I pushed the cage up into the factory sheet metal supports in some places. Someday I’ll build filler panels that I’ll cover with fabric and attach to the cage.

Upgraded my cordless tool from some 15 year old DeWalt 18V stuff to the new Milwaukee Fuel. Holy shit these are nice. I have the Drill, 1/4" Hex impact, 1/2" drive mid torque impact, grinder and sawzall. I highly recommend these tools. I should have upgraded sooner.

Did the same but with new Makita stuff. Pretty much don't ever use corded or air tools anymore.

Back from the dead again. KOH was a blast, even though I scrambled to get it dirt worthy. The truckster sat for a few months after KOH.

I got put back together and took it to Hungry Valley OHV for the CORVA poker run. Took my pops and a bunch of friends. Rigs ranged from my Jeep, and a few Toyota’s of various years. Had a blast, Jeep did great no issues. My buddy Steve got a little carried away and broke and idler arm. A quick trip to Castaic for parts and he was back in action.

Put in lots dirt miles, hung out, won some prizes, drank beer and told lies around the camp fire. Definitely a good time.

Quick little video I threw together.

https://youtu.be/Xg6_WLc-ve8

Back