• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Southern Oregon Trails?

Bronco

NAXJA Forum User
Dose anyone know of any fun trails in southern Oregon? I’m looking for a spot that my brother from Boise and me near Sacramento can meet up and go wheeling, maybe something east of Klamath Falls, or over along 395. Anyone from that area? I’m looking for Interesting trails and good scenery.

six rivers national forest near the border in cali is awesome, though port orford cedar disease has closed many roads. you are lucky to be in the area, i havent encountered a more beautiful place yet.

There's some trails around Bend, but I don't know of anything as far south as Kalamath. Do a search on Pirate for the Bend trails.

The McGrew Trail south of grants pass on hwy199. Its out of a town called Obrian. Anyway do a search on McGrew trail should come up with several hits.
The trail comes out on the N.Fk. Smith River beautiful place. have fun!!!

scott

Wow! Talk about resurrecting a dead post. Thanks for the info. Better late than never.

Bronco said:
Wow! Talk about resurrecting a dead post. Thanks for the info. Better late than never.

Crap, I didn't even look at the date. Someone was browsing way back.

that would be me, i like to do that sometimes. this one caught my eye as I am from Crescent City, CA, which is only 25 miles south of Oregon. About 60 miles from the O'Brien area you are talking about. I moved to Humboldt and sure do miss being in such close proximity to Federal land. Private property owners (mostly logging companies) close their lands much more than the National Forest does. Now when I hear people bitching about Forest service gating the roads because of Port Orford Cedar, I remind them that they still have a great public resource in their backyard. Anyhow, didn't mean to rant. Thanks for the tip on McGrew trail, I think there is a geocache there I need to check out. Later all!

Back